If you love a Greek salad or even a vegetarian gyro then you’re going to love this pizza. The base of this pizza is Greek dressing and then toppings galore! Green pepper, red onion, Kalamata olives, diced tomatoes, artichokes, feta, red pepper flakes and freshly cracked pepper.
There is this special little place in Maine where I always order the Greek salad and it is LEGIT, homemade feta and all with a side of pita bread. This pizza is 100% inspired by that very salad.
Assembling The Best Greek Pizza:
- First, add half of the recipe of Greek dressing as the base of the pizza.
- Then add the diced green peppers.
- Top that with sliced red onions and Kalamata olives.
- The diced tomatoes and artichokes are next.
- Top with feta cheese and freshly cracked pepper.
And Voila! The Best Greek Pizza.
Another option if you’re feeling fancy: once the pizza is done cooking you could add the greens, carrots, cucumbers and diced tomatoes with a little extra drizzle of the dressing on top. Finish with fresh cracked pepper. Boom!
The Best Greek Pizza
Greek Dressing Base
- ¼ cup banana peppers
- 3 oz feta cheese
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 pizza dough store bought or homemade
- ½ recipe Greek dressing base
- 1 green pepper diced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives halved
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- ⅓ cup artichoke hearts
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Add all of the ingredients for the Greek dressing into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Dice the green peppers and tomatoes.
- Slice the red onion and Kalamata olives.
- Shape the dough and place on a pizza pan with parchment paper. Poke holes in the dough with a fork and bake for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the pizza is out of the oven, add half of the Greek dressing for the base.
- Add diced green peppers, sliced red onion, Kalamata olives, diced tomatoes, artichokes, feta cheese, a pinch of red pepper flakes and freshly cracked pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the feta has slight browning.
- optional: If you like the extras then add lettuce, thinly sliced cucumbers, grated carrots and diced tomatoes to the top of the pizza with a drizzle of leftover Greek dressing. Yum!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know how you made out and share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #vegfordin.