“Sausage” and Spring Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner with Lemon Garlic Aioli. Sheet pan dinners are one of my favorite things to make during the week especially when I’m feeling lazy but still want something delicious. You just chop everything up, toss it in olive oil and spices and throw it right onto a baking sheet. Easy peasy!
Earlier in the week when I was grocery shopping I noticed all of the extra asparagus and then realized all things spring are starting to come in. Yay! A sheet pan dinner is a great way to highlight those spring vegetables.
In the past I’ve made various sheet pan dinners and noticed a lot of them are lacking sauciness. They tend to be a little dry so the addition of the lemon garlic aioli was a must and I think you’re going to love it!
What You Will Need For This Sheet Pan Dinner
- Baby Potatoes – I used an assortment of baby potatoes here but you could use whatever potatoes you like as long as they are cut into bite sized pieces.
- Carrots – chopped in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Asparagus – chopped into 1 inch pieces. The woody ends of asparagus are unappealing to me so I chop the lower quarter off and discard.
- Garlic – mince 3 cloves.
- Red Onion – cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Vegan Sausage – the apple sage flavor is my absolute favorite!
- Olive Oil – Drizzle 3 tbsp over vegetables and sausage.
- Thyme – 1 tsp dried thyme.
- Salt – I like to use pink Himalayan salt because it’s full of beneficial minerals and a better alternative to table salt.
- Freshly Cracked Pepper – This is the best pepper mill ever! Made in my hometown of Nantucket Island.
How To Make This Sheet Pan Dinner
It is as simple as an be! Chop all of the vegetables and sausage links up into bite sized pieces, toss with olive oil and spices, throw them on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
While the dinner is in the oven, grab a blender or food processor and prepare the lemon garlic aioli.
Ingredients For Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Mayonnaise – Greek yogurt could be used as an alternative.
- Lemon juice – fresh or from concentrate, whatever you have on hand works.
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
How To Make Lemon Garlic Aioli
Once the sausage and vegetables are done roasting pull them out of the oven, assemble them on a plate and drizzle with a generous amount of lemon garlic aioli.
This sheet pan dinner is delicious on its own but you could also add cous cous, rice, quinoa or any other grain that suits your fancy. You could also elevate it with a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
More vegetarian dinner recipes:
- Arugula Blueberry Salad with Farro, Candied Nuts and Creamy Blueberry Goat Cheese Dressing
- Eggplant Parmesan Pizza
- The Best Greek Pizza
“Sausage” and Spring Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner with Lemon Garlic Aioli
Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 lb baby potatoes quartered
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped, woody ends discarded
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 package vegan sausage sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly cracked pepper
Lemon Garlic Aioli
- ½ cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prepare two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Chop 1 baby potatoes into quarters and carrots into ½ inch pieces.
- Chop asparagus into 1 inch pieces and discard the woody ends.
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic and cut the red onion into ¼ inch slices.
- Cut vegan sausage on a ½ inch bias.
- Add everything to a big bowl then drizzle with olive oil and add the thyme, salt and pepper. Mix together until everything is evenly coated.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the sausage and vegetables are roasting make the lemon garlic aioli.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a generous drizzle of lemon garlic aioli. Enjoy!
Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know how you made out and share your photo on Instagram with the hashtag #vegfordin.